602 I like 28 I do not like
#foie gras #sauce #frenchcookingacademy
WRITTEN RECIPE: https://bit.ly/2P2zeq1
In this video tutorial you will learn how to make an authentic sauce foie gras (foie gras sauce). This delicious sauce is built on a base of reduced brown chicken stock and flavored with port and Madeira wine along with cream. Once the sauce base has been reduced, foie gras butter is added to create a silky and flavorsome sauce.
The sauce foie gras can be used with poultry, white meats and pigeons or simply served with fresh pastas (e.g. tagliatelle).
- 50 grams foie gras (cooked)
- 50 grams unsalted baratte butter (french style butter)
- 150 ml of homemade brown chicken stock (heavily reduced)
- 50 ml of Madeira wine
- 50 ml of port wine
- 150 ml of liquid cream 30 % fat (heavy whipping cream)
- salt and pepper.
- Optional: 2 tablespoons of dried Cepes mushrooms (forest mushrooms)
- For the garnish: Walnuts and parsley
In my video I added dried mushrooms to the sauce to enhance the flavour but this is optional. If you decide to add dried mushrooms read the instructions below:
-Instructions for the mushrooms: Soak in warm water for 15 minutes and keep some of the juice for the sauce.
-After 15 minutes drain the mushrooms and plunge them in boiling water for 1 minute before adding them to the sauce.
Note for the sauce making:
Start with 250 ml of liquid (includes the 150 ml brown stock, the 50 ml Madeira wine and the 50 ml of port wine) then reduce until you're left with 200 ml of liquid. When adding the cream, leave to reduce until the sauce coats the spoon (as shown in the video).
This delicious sauce can be served with:
- White meats
- Light game meats: Pigeons and duck breasts
MY FILMING EQUIPMENT:
DSLR PHOTO CAMERA:
IF YOU LIKE WATCHING MY VIDEOS PLEASE
CONSIDER ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW
( It really helps support the channel)
* Spread the word about the channel and the website.
* Check my Amazon cookware page ( affiliate link)