710 I like 24 I do not like
In Part 6 of The Extension series, which follows the build of a side and rear extension on a semi-detached property, we see the joists and steels slotted into position in preparation for the removal of a load bearing wall at the back of the house.
The wall is being knocked out to extend the existing kitchen and create a kitchen/diner on the ground floor and an additional bedroom on the first floor.
This episode includes:
- Cutting joists to fit the steel beam
- Spacing the joists out with noggings and the challenges associated installing joists and steels.
- Using Strongboys to support the outer and inner skin at the same time
- Trimming the existing floor joists so they can sit in the web of the steel beam
- Cutting out the brickwork
- Lining up the holes of the two steel beams
- Bolting timber on to the steel beam for the jiffy hangers
- Expansion joints
- Using jiffy haners/joist hangers
This episode features products from: Evolution; Snickers Workwear; Milwaukee; Fein; Bosch; Arbotech; Stabila; Ecotherm; Teco and Rhino Scaffolding.
Don't forget to stay up to date with Skill Builder!
Get in touch and send us your pictures and videos - http://skill-builder.uk/send
Join our mailing list - http://skill-builder.uk/join
See our Tweets - https://twitter.com/skillbuilderuk
See our Facebook Page - https://www.facebook.com/skillbuilderchannel